MatLab software is available for students, faculty, and staff. There are multiple ways to obtain MatLab. Choose the method that works best for you:
For students, faculty, or staff using personal computers or UI-owned computers not managed by IT professionals, follow these self-service instructions to download MatLab:
- A Mathworks account is required to download MatLab. Log in to MathWorks with your HawkID and password.
- Select "Create a Mathworks Account".
- Finish your profile by providing the requested information.
- After completing your profile, select the MathLab button in the center of the screen. It may be labeled "R2017a" or whatever is the most current version listed.
- Next, chose the installer you need: Windows (64-bit), Mac OS X (Intel 64-bit), or Linux (64-bit).
- After the install file has finished downloading, double-click it to open it up. It will start unzipping automatically.
- Once it is finished, you may be asked for administrator credentials to continue installation. If so, enter your computer administrator credentials then select Login.
- A MatLab installer dialog should open automatically. Select "Log in with a MathWorks Account" and press "Next."
- Read and accept licensing agreement terms then press "Next."
- Enter your email address and password for the MathWorks account you created earlier, then press "Next."
- Make sure the radio button for “Select a license” is checked and press "Next."
- Choose an installation folder or keep the default listed and press "Next."
- Select the products you want installed and press "Next." Typically you'll install all the default checked ones so just leave it as is.
- Select your desired installation options and press "Next."
- After reviewing the confirmation page, select "Install" to begin the installation. It may take 30 minutes or more to complete the installation.
- Once it has finished installing, review the product configuration notes (if desired) and then press "Next."
- Select "Activate MATLAB" then press "Next."
- The next screen will ask you to provide a username. Leave the default name it suggests and press "Next."
- Next, confirmation selection information with your license number, email address, and Windows user name will display. Select "Confirm."
- Activation is complete! Press "Finish."
Note: The Matlab license expires annually and there is no renewal process. To continue using Matlab, uninstall it and then download and install the current version.