Mac Remote Desktop Instructions
Prerequisites: Check the Prerequisites section on the main RRDS support page regarding the following:
- RRDS access for your account
- DUO Two-Factor Authentication
- VPN access for connections off campus.
- Client: You will need to download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop client on your Mac. For Mac OS 10.11 or newer: Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. For Mac OS 10.9 or newer: Microsoft Remote Desktop 8. Skip to the next step if you already have the Microsoft Remote Desktop client installed on your Mac.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop on your Mac and click Remote Resources, as indicated. Remote Resources will appear. In the URL field, enter https://rrds.uiowa.edu/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx. Enter your user account credentials and click Refresh.
- The client with refresh and under Remote Resources, an icon for RRDS will appear. Click the icon for RRDS.
- This message will appear asking you to trust the connection. If you'd like to redirect a folder on your local hard drive to the remote session, browse to the folder and check the box next to the field. Check the boxes next to Clipboard, Printers and Do not ask again for connections to this computer. Click Connect and the client will launch a connection to RRDS.
- RRDS now uses DUO Two-Step Authentication. This added security measure helps keep your data safe. After you launch a connection to RRDS, this screen will display and (if you have configured Duo Two-Step Authenication) your configured device should ring. Answer the call and hit any key to complete authentication. You will be logged into a desktop.