NOTE: If you are from College of Medicine, UIHC or other Health Care domain user, provide your proof of license to the Health Care Help Desk for your install.
NOTE: The FileMaker Administration team recommends that you restart your computer BEFORE attempting the steps below. If you have any issues installing FileMaker Pro Advanced using the instructions below, please work with your departmental IT support personnel.
Installing FileMaker 18 via Software Center on Windows
- Click the Windows Start button, locate the "Microsoft System Center" folder and open "Software Center" or search for keyword "Software Center".
- Click on "Software Center" in the search results.
- Click on the "Applications" tab.
- Select "FileMaker Pro Advanced"
- Click on the "Install" button to start the installation.
Installing FileMaker 18 via Self Service on macOS
- Launch the Self Service app. You can find the app in your Applications folder, or search for it using Spotlight Search by pressing CMD + Spacebar.
- You may be prompted to log in. If so, log in with your HawkID and HawkID password.
- Select the Additional Software option in the sidebar to the left and scroll to find "FileMaker Pro Advanced" in the list. You can also use the search bar in the upper left-hand corner. Click the "Install" button to continue.
- Click "Install" to install the application.