UI Anywhere can be configured for use on iOS devices using the Cisco AnyConnect app from the App Store.
In order to use the Cisco AnyConnect app to connect to the UI Anywhere VPN, you must have iOS 4.2 or above.
To configure your iOS Device to connect using the UI Anywhere VPN:
- Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect app from the App Store
- Launch the AnyConnect application and select Connections
- Select Add VPN Connection...
- Enter "vpn.uiowa.edu" for the Server Address and click Save
- A warning message will appear asking to "Add VPN Configurations", click Allow
- Return to the app homepage and turn on the AnyConnect VPN
- Enter your HawkID and password in the Username and Password fields (leave the Group field set to "Default")
- In the "Second Password" field please enter your method of Two-step login authentication (push, phone, sms)
- Click Connect
- A VPN indicator displays in the upper left corner of the status bar when connected.
IMPORTANT: When finished using the UI Anywhere VPN, please terminate your VPN connection. To end the UI Anywhere VPN connection, slide the AnyConnect VPN session to Off.