Print release stations are a feature of the ITC Printing system. These stations are a small computer installed near the printer in all ITC locations. When in a facility with print release functionality, your print request will be sent to the release station and will not physically print until you approve it. The print release stations add several enhancements:
- Security – Your document will not physically print until you are present to approve the process.
- Environmental Impact – Print release stations can help eliminate accidental printing, which wastes paper. (See how to view your ITC Printing environmental impact here.)
- Cost Savings - A document printed from a computer, but not approved at the print release station, will not print or bill your account.
- Convenience – In larger facilities with many computers there is often congestion around the printer and many people handling and searching through printed documents. Print release stations will create a first-come-first-serve scenario and eliminate other users handling your documents.
Using the Print Release Station
- Once you have printed your document in a facility with print release functionality, visit the printer where you will find a small computer presenting the following screen. Enter your Hawk ID and click the OK button.
- You will then be presented with a list of print jobs ready for release. If you wish to print the document, click thePrint link. To cancel the print out, click the Cancel link, which will delete the print job and not charge your account.
- When finished releasing print documents the list will clear. Click the Done button to exit the system.