Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are available to currently registered UI students at no charge. This licensing opportunity is funded by Student Technology Fees.
Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are available to currently registered UI students at no charge. This license opportunity is funded by Student Technology Fees.
To Obtain Your Windows Product Key
- Go to http://uiowa.onthehub.com and log in with your HawkID and password.
- Select the Windows product of your choice.
- Click Add To Cart after selecting your version of Windows.
- Click Check Out.
- Scroll down and put your HawkID under "username" and your first and last name under "signature."
- Fill out your contact information and select Proceed with Order.
- The product key is listed on your receipt page in red text.
IMPORTANT: Students are eligible for only one copy of each operating system and product key. The product key is only valid on one computer. Record and keep the product key in a safe place, should you ever need to reinstall the operating system on your computer in the future. Product keys can only be viewed 31 days after they are retrieved from OnTheHub, but remain active indefinitely.
If you have any issues acquiring your product key, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
For University-owned devices: Please contact your local IT professional to install Microsoft Windows on your machine.
For personal computers: The University of Iowa does not have a license for Microsoft Windows for faculty and staff home and personal use devices.