UCC Core Facilities
The Core Facilities include two different areas in UCC:
- The UCC Conference Center
- The UCC Executive Boardroom
First priority users are the University President and University VP's or Provost.
Second priority users: Mall University Departments, Deans.
Third priority users: Other University departments
Note for student organizations: Eric Rossow (firstname.lastname@example.org/335-3059), in the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership, has asked that all registered student organizations go through the IMU for their space needs. If the IMU cannot accommodate your student organization's request, Eric will make the space request on your behalf.
The UCC Conference Center Locations:
The Conference Center consists of four rooms plus a kitchenette and coatroom, and is located on 2nd floor across from Public Health.
- Location: 2520D UCC
- Phone number: 384-2151
- Seating: The Seminar Room will seat approximately 60 people. The tables are movable to allow flexible seating. If you choose to move the furniture in the Seminar Room, please return it to its original configuration when you are done.
- Technology: Internet access; Windows PC; projector and screen; DVD and VHS; document camera
ITS Training Room
- Location: 2523 UCC
- Phone: 384-2175
- Note: This space is managed by ITS. ITS will have first priority for scheduling this room but will make the room available to others when not in use by ITS.
- Seating: There are sixteen student desks with both Windows and Mac computers plus one instructor station (at this time, there are only eight (8) Mac computers). The tables can be configured in different layouts by prior arrangement.
- Technology: Internet access; Windows and Mac computers with HD displays; multiple projectors and screens; DVD and VHS
Conference Room B
- Location: 2520B UCC
- Phone: 384-2161
- Seating: This space will hold 16 people at the table.
- Technology: Internet access; Windows PC, projector, and screen.
Conference Room C
Location: 2520C UCC
- Phone: 384-2162
- Seating: This space will hold 16 people at the table
- Video-conferencing site: Internet-based video-conferencing, and virtual meetings and classes.
- Mobile video-conferencing equipment: single, flat panel display with internet-based video conferencing.
- Location: 2390 UCC
- Phone: 384-2742
- Note: As part of the purchase agreement, the Old Capitol Town Center owners have access to the room on Monday and Thursday from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Seating: Twenty people can sit around the boardroom table. There are ten additional seats in the room.
- Technology: Internet access; Windows PC; projector and screen; DVD and VHS
Scheduling the UCC Core Facilities
ITS is responsible for scheduling the Core Facilities. To schedule a particular room, contact email@example.com
Scheduling support is provided by: Mary Grabe (335-6311) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support is provided by email@example.com
If technical problems arise, call 335-1976 (the Classroom Technology Services hotline). We only provide technical support during normal business hours (8am-5pm, Monday - Friday)
Steps for accessing the Event Management System via the Internet (Virtual EMS)
- Enter the URL https://uistulifesrvcs.emscloudservice.com/web/BrowseForSpace.aspx in your Web browser.
- At this screen, use the scroll bar at the right to scroll down to the University Capitol Centre information.
- You can use the “Filter” button or green arrows to navigate the calendar
- If you find a time that works, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include an event name).
We only provide technical support during normal business hours (8am-5pm, Monday - Friday)
While we share a database with the IMU and Cultural Centers, we do not accept online reservations.
The UCC Core Space is a "self-service" space. You are responsible for tidying up the space when you are done. If you choose to move the furniture in the rooms, please return it to its original configuration when you are done.
Here are guidelines on how to put the furniture back in the proper configuration in 2520D UCC:
This is the arrangement of the tables and chairs (not train cars ;-)
This is the right side of the room... the left side should mirror it
Here's the left side...
This is the center aisle...
Please wipe down the tables and countertops when you are done with your event (cleaning supplies are in the back cabinet).
Doing this will ensure we can continue to have events after-hours and on weekends!