E-mail DPS-AccessServices@uiowa.edu or contact Jan Bringman in Key & Access Services.
The technical implementation of video surveillance systems will, over time be standardized using the Milestone system; with connectivity and alerting functionality from the UI physical security management system. An administrative committee is charged to oversee the appropriate utilization of surveillance, as described in the University Video Surveillance Policy.
Departments will initiate a workflow request (https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/Video_Surveillance_System_Project_Request) that includes an electronic approval process, routed through the required levels in their organization, and completing the process with DPS-AccessServices@uiowa.edu. Prior to beginning the workflow process, please contact ITS for a quote to cover the cost of hardware and installation of the camera(s). Information Technology Services (ITS) & Department of Public Safety (DPS) will review, estimate, and implement the project. You can reach ITS for a quote at ITS-ITConnect Service Requests email@example.com.
ITS is responsible for:
- server configuration and setup in ITS data centers
- supplying remote console administration capability
- providing DPS with administrative access to the system
- support for Milestone OS, connectivity, and hardware problems
- daily incremental backups, and restores upon request by DPS
- performance and capacity monitoring
- physical camera and network connection installs
DPS is responsible for:
- managing projects to install video surveillance systems
- administering the financial/funding model
- equipment specifications, as defined in UI design & construction standards
- administration of the service (users & device configurations)
- providing training to users of the service
- obtaining signed user confidentiality agreements
- reviewing and recommending security measures
- reviewing recorded video as incidents arise
Departments are responsible for:
- purchasing cameras, and network connectivity (if needed), via a one-time fee
- cost of repair and/or replacement of cameras
- payment of a monthly fee which covers licensing, servers, storage space, and system administration
- requesting from DPS the appropriate users to access the system and cameras
- attending training
Call Key and Access Services at 335-6435, or email DPS-AccessServices@uiowa.edu
Send e-mail to DPS-AccessServices@uiowa.edu for questions, or to schedule training.
There are currently no alerts.
Services scheduled for maintenance over the next 7 days. Please refer to the calendar view of alerts for a complete schedule.
There is currently no planned maintenance.