There is no charge for use of this service.
The University of Iowa and ITS supports several different options for Video and Web Conferencing.
- Web conferencing is supported using Zoom, a virtual meeting-ware product that allows options for sharing your screen, instant messaging, application sharing, breakout rooms, recording sessions for later playback and more.
- Users interested in the University of Iowa's Zoom service may contact the ITS Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319.384.HELP(4357) or one of the collegiate contacts for more info.
- Review the Zoom privacy settings tips page for creating a private Zoom session and steps you can take to reduce the possibility of unwelcome guests joining your meeting or webinar.
- Microsoft Teams is another web conferencing solution used at the University of Iowa. It is an app that helps you and your team have real-time conversations using chat or video chat, securely share and collaborate on files, and plan meetings or projects with others at the University of Iowa.
- Compare Zoom and Teams with the chart on this support article.
- The University of Iowa supports video conferencing solutions that follow the International Telecommunications Union H.323 Internet-based multimedia communications systems standard otherwise known as room- or IP-based conferencing.
- Microsoft Skype for Business - please see the Microsoft Skype for Business Info Center for more information on presence, instance messaging, online meetings and telephony.
There are currently no alerts.
Services scheduled for maintenance over the next 7 days. Please refer to the calendar view of alerts for a complete schedule.
There is currently no planned maintenance.