ITS Help Desk Support Services
The ITS Help Desk provides support to students, faculty, staff, and members of the university community on a variety of technology-related topics. Support includes, but is not limited to:
- Classroom and Instructional Technology
- Email and Office 365
- High-Performance Computing and Research
- Remote Technology and Virtual Conferencing
- Software Applications
- Two-Step Login with Duo Security
- Internet Connectivity
Emergency After Hours Support
On-call after-hours emergency support is available outside normal Help Desk hours. The service is available for wide-scale outages and university-critical business. To receive emergency support call 319-384-4357 (HELP) and follow the directions to leave a message. The Help Desk on-call agent will quickly return your call.
All customer issues are important to ITS and the Help Desk strives to resolve them in a timely manner, but only emergency situations will be addressed by the after-hours emergency service. The Help Desk on-call agent will determine if the issue is an emergency.
Routine calls received after-hours will be handled the next business day. Examples of routine calls are:
- An individual who is unable to access an ITS-provided service, but the service is available to all other customers.
- An individual who is having computer problems that do not involve critical university-related business.
- A HawkID password reset