Friday, May 26, 2023, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Monday, May 22, 2023, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Thursday, May 25, 2023, 9:00am to 4:00pm
University of Iowa Main Library , 1022
125 West Washington Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Applications for the Office of Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center for Teaching's Course Design Institute are due Friday, March 31.
Are you interested in designing or redesigning a course? Do you want to connect with experts on backward course design and with peers to discuss teaching ideas?
Apply to join the 2023 Course Design Institute, a multi-day, in-person event for instructors who wish to learn how to design, redesign, or revise a course. You’ll receive hands-on guidance and learn how to:
- Apply evidence-based frameworks and strategies to design an integrated and equitable course.
- Develop and align course components, including learning goals and objectives, equitable assessments, and authentic learning activities.
- Demonstrate course structures and teaching approaches through a syllabus, proposal, or other artifact.
- Monday, May 22, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, May 26, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This in-person event will be held in the Main Library (LIB 1022). We will provide a light breakfast and lunch during the institute.