The Course Design Institute is a multi-day, in-person workshop for instructors who wish to design, redesign, or revise a course. The strategies explored in this institute can also be beneficial for instructors who are developing general education course proposals.
Instructors accepted into the institute will:
- Apply evidence-based frameworks and strategies to design an integrated and equitable course.
- Develop and align course components, including learning goals and objectives, equitable assessments, and authentic learning activities.
- Demonstrate the course structure and teaching approach through the syllabus, proposal, or other artifacts.
All participants are expected to attend the entire institute:
- Monday, May 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 25, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, May 26, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This in-person event will be held in the UI Main Library. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided each day.
How to Apply
- Any faculty member (clinical-track, tenure-track, lecturer, visiting, or adjunct) at the University of Iowa is eligible to apply. Faculty who are team-teaching may apply, but each instructor must fill out a separate application, noting with whom they will be teaching.
- Applicants must have approval of their DEOs.
- Review of applications began April 12.