The University of Iowa Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO) is the primary source for the University’s IT project management needs. The PMO offers an array of services and resources that champion project success and customer satisfaction. The PMO leverages industry best practices and methodologies to assist in raising the performance for project delivery. If your department has a project, the PMO can develop a strategy to accomplish your goals. The PMO supports large, medium, and small scale projects and will work with staff to provide project management support, templates, tools, and mentoring for the duration of a projects lifecycle.
- Framework can be scaled to projects of any size by allowing multiple iterations and varying particular activities.
- Varying levels of formality can be applied to serve different size projects
- Framework is designed to serve different types of IT projects such as infrastructure, development, services, etc.
- Allows for changing client needs
- Provides reportable project metrics
- Raises efficiency and effectiveness for project delivery
All requests for service or any questions you might have about the PMO should be directed to IT-PMO@uiowa.edu.