In Skype for Business, all instant messaging conversations can be kept neatly in one window.
Open an Individual Conversation Window:
To open a conversation in its own window, click the "pop this conversation out" icon located in the top right hand corner of the conversations window
Return a Conversation to the Tabbed Window:
To return the conversation to the tabbed window, click the "pop this conversation in" icon located in the top right hand corner of the conversations window
In Skype for Business, IM conversations can be saved to your Outlook Conversations History folder.
Save IM Conversation History:
You may want to keep a copy of your instant message conversations as they may contain important information you would like to refer back to at a later date.
- Open your Skype for Business Client
- Select Tools > Options > Personal
- Navigate to the heading Exchange and Outlook Integration
- Check the box next to Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder
Print IM Conversation History:
There is no print option from within Skype for Business, but, if you are saving conversations, you could print the saved conversation from the Conversation History folder in Outlook. Otherwise, follow the directions below to copy and print a conversation directly from Skype for Business.
- While in the conversation, copy and paste the conversation into a document or email.
- Save as a .txt or .rtf file.
- Then Print.
Please note: As with email messages, saved instant message conversations are subject to public records requests under the Freedom of Information Act