|Owner||Create, read, modify, and delete all items, and create subfolders. Can change the permission levels that other people have for the folder.|
|Publishing Editor||Create, read, modify, and delete all items and create subfolders.|
|Editor||Create, read, modify, and delete all items.|
|Publishing Author||Create and read items, create subfolders, and modify and delete items and files that you create. (Does not apply to delegates.)|
|Author||Create and read items, and modify and delete items and files that you create.|
|Non-Editing Author||Create and read items s only.|
|Reviewer||Read items only.|
|Contributor||Create items only. The contents of the calendar do not display.|
|Free/Busy Time, Subject, Location||See free/busy time as well as the subject and location of items. Cannot Create Files and can only read this basic information, not the full files.|
|Free/Busy Time||See free/busy time only.|
|None||No permission. You cannot open the calendar.|
|Availability Only||Shows the times of items on your calendar and no other details|
|Limited Details||Shows the time, subject, and location|
|Full Details||Shows the time, subject, location, and other details of all items|
|Editor||Can edit your calendar as well as view all details of calendar items|
|Delegate||Can editor your calendar, view full details, and send and respond to meeting requests on your behalf|
|None||No permissions to your calendar|
|Can view when I'm busy||
Shows the times of items on your calendar and no other details
|Can view titles and locations||Shows the time, subject, and location|
|Can view all details||Shows the time, subject, location, and other details of all items|
|Can edit||Can edit your calendar as well as view all details of calendar items|
- Open Outlook.
- Select Calendar.
- On the Home tab, select Calendar Permissions.
- Select the Permissions tab if it is not already selected.
- Select Add.
- Type the name of the person you wish to add (e.g, doe, jane). Highlight the name that you want to add.
- Click the Add button and the user's name will display underlined in the text box to the right.
- Click OK.
- Under Permissions you can set the appropriate permissions for the user (e.g., Reviewer, Author, etc.)
- Click OK when you are finished selecting the permissions.
- Open Outlook 2016
- Open Calendar
- Select the "Calendar" listed under your Hawkid/Email address
- Press CTRL + Click and choose Sharing Permissions
- Click Add User
- Type their name, select it and click Add
- Assign the desired permissions and click OK to save.
- Log into office365.uiowa.edu
- Under "My Calendars", right click on the calendar that you wish to edit.
- Click Permissions
- To stop sharing the calendar with a person, find that person and choose Delete (or choose a new level of permission)
To stop sharing your calendar publicly, change the Public calendar setting to Not shared
- Click Save
To set your calendar so it won't publish your free/busy information - this option is not recommended if others need to schedule meetings with you.
NOTE: These steps do not prevent someone from tentatively inviting you to a meeting.
- Click on Calendar
- Choose Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Free/Busy Options.
- Click on the Other Free/Busy button
- Set 'Publish = 0 month(s) of Calendar free/busy information on the server'.
- Click OK.
To set a resource calendar (e.g., conference room), the resource owner must first sign onto the resource and then follow the steps above.
Note: People given rights/permissions to your calendar can still see it but they cannot do a Free/Busy search against it. If there are already appointments on your calendar before these settings are changed, those appointments will still be searchable (i.e., entries added after the change will not be searchable).