Here are some options that allow you to move email from your UI email account to an alternate email account (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you setup Office 365 forwarding, some messages sent to your forwarding address may appear as spam or suspicious by your alternate email service (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.). Sometimes these messages may be rejected by your alternate mail service. This is due to an increase in security measures email servers are implementing to reduce spam and phishing emails. Also, if you setup Office 365 forwarding, you cannot respond to messages and have them appear to come from your university email account. You may wish to periodically check your Office 365 account if you aren't already.
Office 365 has a feature that allows you to forward messages sent to your Office 365 account to a personal email account. If you are going to forward your email to another account, we recommend using this method as it doesn't rely on a third party program. Note: This only forwards mail from your Inbox, not mail in subfolders.
How to Forward Your Email to Another Account:
ITS recommends that anyone on Office365 who wishes to check their email in one place use this feature rather than the routing option in MyUI or HRIS.
- Login to Office 365 (https://office365.uiowa.edu)
- Click the Mail tile.
- Click Settings (gear icon in the upper right-hand of your screen).
- Under My app settings - Click Mail.
- Click Accounts
- Click Forwarding
- Under the "Forwarding" heading, select Start Forwarding
- You have the option to keep a copy of all forwarded messages in your Office365 account. Note: if you do not select this, nothing sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org email account will be saved in your university mailbox
- Select Save.
Note: This only applies for "Iowa" Office 365 users. The Healthcare Exchange system does not allow POP access, so this process will not work.
Google offers a service called "Google Fetch." This service will "fetch" emails from your Office 365 account and place them in your Gmail inbox. Note: This only "fetches" mail in your Inbox, not mail in subfolders. Please note that the processes referred to below are provided and maintained by Gmail, not the University of Iowa. ITS can assist with questions about Office 365 POP settings, but beyond the general settings, any issues with Gmail would need to be addressed by Gmail.
Google Fetch Instructions:
The following Office 365 POP settings should be used for “fetching” Office 365 in Gmail:
- To configure Google Fetch go to the gear at the top right of the screen and click Settings
- Select Accounts and Import and click Add a POP3 mail account you own
- A new window will open prompting you to enter an email address, type your email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- Select Next Step.
- Type your username (HawkID@uiowa.edu) and password (HawkID password)
- In the "POP Server" field, type outlook.office365.com
NOTE: Check "Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server" if you want emails to appear in both your Office 365 account AND your Gmail account. If you don't check this box, Gmail will move all your emails from your Office 365 account to your Gmail account and will leave your Office 365 account empty.
- Click Add account
NOTE: you may need to fill in the Port field (995) and/or check "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail"
You can use Outlook 2016 to move emails from your Office 365 account to an alternative email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) In order to move your emails you first must have both accounts configured in Outlook.
- Once you have your accounts configured in Outlook go to your Office 365 Inbox to view your emails.
- To select your whole Inbox, press Ctrl + A. To select specific emails, hold Ctrl and click to highlight the emails you wish to move/copy.
- Once you have the emails you wish to move/copy selected, right-click and a drop down menu will appear, select Move
- "Move" will give you some options as to how you can move/copy your emails:
- "Other Folder" will move the emails you selected to a new folder and then will remove the emails from your Office 365 mailbox
- "Copy to folder" will send a copy of the emails you selected to a folder of your choosing. This option will leave a copy of the emails in your Office 365 mailbox.
- Once you select "Other Folder..." or "Copy to Folder.." a new window will open displaying email folders. Select the folder you wish to copy/move the emails to and click OK when finished.
You can use Outlook 2011 to move emails from your Office 365 account to an alternative email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) In order to move your emails you first must have both accounts configured in Outlook 2011.
- Once you have your accounts configured in Outlook, you will need to create a new folder to store the emails you wish to transfer. To do this go to the upper left of the screen and click the New icon. After this a dropdown window will appear, from this window select Folder to create a new folder.
- After you create the folder, select your Office 365 Inbox. From there you will select which emails you wish to copy/move.
- To select the whole Inbox press Command + A or to select specific emails hold down command and click to highlight the emails you wish to copy or move to another inbox. Once you have the emails you wish to move selected you can right-click or hold "control and left-click" to bring up a dropdown menu.
- Once this menu appears, click Move. This will give you two options:
- "Choose Folder" -- this option will move the emails you selected to a new folder. This option will remove your emails from your Office 365 Inbox and place them in the folder you selected.
- "Copy to Folder" -- this option will copy the emails you selected to a new folder. This option will leave a copy of the emails in your Office 365 Inbox, and place copies of the emails in the folder you selected.
- Once you click either "Choose Folder" or "Copy to Folder" a new window will appear asking you what folder you wish to move/copy your emails to. Type the name of the folder you created earlier, or the name of an already existing Outlook folder to transfer the emails. Once you find the folder, select Move.
You can use Mac Mail to move emails from your Office 365 account to a different email account such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. In order to transfer emails between two different email providers, you first must have the email accounts configured in Mac Mail.
Configuring Mac Mail to Access Your Office 365 Account. See Apple's website regarding configuring email accounts with Mac Mail.
- Once you have your email accounts configured in Mac Mail, go to your Office 365 Inbox to view your emails.
- To move all your mail to another email account press Command + A to select all the emails (if you wish to select specific emails you can hold down command and click to highlight the emails you wish to move or copy). Once you have the emails you wish to move selected, right-click or hold down Control and Left-click and select Copy to.. if you want to leave a copy of the emails in your Office 365 Inbox. If you want to move all your emails from your Office 365 Inbox and have them be deleted from your Office 365 Inbox click Move to..
- Once you move your mouse over either "Copy to.." or "Move to.." you will see a menu giving you options to where you can send the emails. Select your folder of choice and click to move the emails.