This support article pertains to the SiteNow v1 platform. Click here for SiteNow v2 documentation.
- Click on 'Structure' in the admin toolbar.
- Click on the 'Menus' link.
- Click the 'add link' link for the menu you’d like to add a link to (main menu or footer menu).
- Enter the text for the link in the 'Menu Link Title' field.
- Enter the external URL you wish to link to in the 'Path' field.
- [Optional] Enter text in the 'Description' field (this will be displayed when a user hovers over the menu link).
- Select the parent item of the menu link in the 'Parent item' drop-down list. If you are creating a first-level link (a link directly accessible from the main menu), select the name of the menu, for example '<Main menu>.' See Changing the order of menu links for a drag-and-drop method of selecting the parent item of a menu link.
- [Optional] You can use the 'Weight' field to control the order of links in the menu. Links with a heavier weight (larger number) will be below items with a lighter weight (smaller number). Recommended: See Changing the order of menu links for a drag-and-drop method of ordering menu links, which many users find easier.
- Click the 'Save' button.