Below are some of the limits for Office 365 accounts - more detailed information can be found at Exchange Online Limits
Starting Monday, February 5, 2018, both Office 365 and UI Healthcare email systems increased the maximum message send/receive limits to 150mb. This change is being made to allow easier collaboration within the University of Iowa. Please keep the following in mind:
- Maximum total message send/receive size is 150mb. This includes both the message content and attachments.
- Attaching a large file to an email message requires uploading that file to the email system. This can increase the time required to send the message.
- Email attachments count against overall email storage quota.
- While the UI email systems allow sending and receiving 150mb email messages (including attachments), other external email systems continue to have smaller limits. Some common receiving limits are:
- Gmail – 50mb
- Outlook.com – 50mb
- Yahoo – 25mb
- Peer universities – varies
- Whenever possible, it is advised to use a file collaboration tool for large files. The University of Iowa supports Microsoft OneDrive for Business which allows for file sizes larger than 150mb.
|Message send/receive size limit (including attachments) - Keep in mind that someone's mailbox on the Office 365 server will be prohibited from receiving messages if they exceed their maximum quota limit. Note: when you attach a file to a message, the file size of the attachment increases (it can increase as much as 30% in size when it is sent).||150 MB||150 MB||150 MB|
|Address List Limit||1000||1000||1000|
|Storage - User Mailbox, Shared Mailbox, Resource Mailbox||50 GB||50 GB||50 GB|
|Recipient Limit per message||500||500||500|
Quota Alerts Across Office 365:
Prohibit Send: 49.5 GB
Prohibit Send/Receive: 50GB