We have a standard device recommendation for the use with the Drupal Digital Signage service. The current device is a stick form factor Windows system. Purchasing information for these sticks can be found on the Equipment Getting Started page.
Standard Device Perks
- Energy Efficient
- Wired or Wireless installation
- Small enough to fit behind nearly every TV installation
- Minimal heat production, allows for installation in enclosures
- Does not require special mounting hardware or adapters
- Physically securable (optional)
Operating System Image Recommendations
Regardless of the hardware you use to run your sign, the UI Signage team can put a standardized image on your hardware that we specifically use for digital signage.
Standardize Image Perks
- All devices imaged identically, allowing for hot swapping of devices.
- Device configuration is stored centrally and updated at every reboot.
- Allowing for changes/updates to happen without manual configuration of device.
- PowerShell script runs on device that self-corrects issues that may interrupt signage service
- E.g. Popup/active windows, multiple browser windows, network connection loss, etc.
- Email alerts (some with screen shots) are sent any time a self-correction is triggered.
- Devices reboot nightly.