It is recommended that an Asus VivoStick be used to run Drupal digital signage. The VivoStick is a tiny device the size of a pack of gum that can transform any HDMI TV or display into a complete computer. Purchasing information for these sticks can be found on the Equipment Getting Started page.
Compute Stick Perks
- Energy Efficient (4-5 watts)
- Wired or Wireless installation
- About the size of a large USB flash drive (4in. X 1.5in. X 0.5in)
- Little heat production, allows for installation in enclosures
- Does not require special mounting hardware or adapters
- Secures with 1/16th inch steel cabling (optional)
Operating System Image Recommendations
Regardless of the hardware you use to run your sign, the UI Signage team can put a standardized image on your hardware that we specifically use for digital signage.
Standardize Image Perks
- All devices imaged identically, allowing for hot swapping of devices.
- Device configuration is stored centrally and updated at every reboot.
- Allowing for changes/updates to happen without manual configuration of device.
- PowerShell script runs on device that self-corrects issues that may interrupt signage service
- E.g. Popup/active windows, multiple browser windows, network connection loss, etc.
- Email alerts (some with screen shots) are sent any time a self-correction is triggered.
- Devices reboot nightly