Digital signage is a resource for University colleges, departments, and other units. Digital signs share information and promote programs sponsored by University units or University-affiliated organizations. Individual units manage signage systems located in their facilities.
To comply with ADA standards for accessible design, each college\department is responsible for meetings these standards when mounting their displays. Please view the document (ADA Standards for Accessible Displays) for information related to The Americas with Disabilities Act Requirements related to wall mounting a display.
Following are general guidelines for UI digital signage. Individual units may establish additional guidelines for the signs they manage—check with contacts listed below under Signs around campus:
- Use signs to promote University unit- or organization-sponsored programs, events, or activities.
- Do not use signs to promote commercial activities or advertisements from non-University organizations.
- Messages that invite public participation in programs must include the University’s accessibility statement.
- Messages should not use copyrighted images or content without permission or license.
- Messages should include the University’s official logo and word mark, and follow other UI graphic identity system guidelines.
For further guidance, read this more comprehensive support article on content guidelines.
Individual units manage digital signage located within their facilities. Units can establish additional usage and content guidelines, and set specifications for their systems.
Units also establish how they will review, approve, and schedule messages on their signs. Individual units determine what their signs will display, with two exceptions:
- Centrally distributed Hawk Alert messages that override unit-scheduled messages in emergency situations. Public Safety/ITS will determine when to deploy a Hawk Alert override.
Institutional messages requested by the president or vice presidents that units add to scheduled message rotations. The Office of Strategic Communication will approve or disapprove these requests, producing and distributing slides configured for different signage systems.