This support article pertains to the SiteNow v1 platform. Click here for SiteNow v2 documentation.
Content can be marked as either published or unpublished. Content that is published is visible to all site visitors, and content that is unpublished is visible only to users who are logged in to the website.
All content of SiteNow Standard websites is published by default.
To publish or unpublish one piece of content:
- While creating or editing a piece of content, click on the “Publishing options” tab toward the bottom of the page.
- Check/un-check the “Published” box.
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
To publish or unpublish content in bulk:
- Click “Find content” in the grey toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click the checkbox next to “Title” at the top of the table to select all of the content on this page, or select the checkboxes for multiple pieces of content manually.
- In the “Update options” list, select the action to perform (“Unpublish selected content” or “Publish selected content”) and then click the “Update” button.
Note: If enough content is created so that there’s more than one page (you’d see a pager at the bottom of the page), repeat steps 2 & 3 for each page.