Cleaning up your desktop and temporary files can help clean up space, increase performance, and help with boot up speeds. We strongly recommend having as few possible files located on your computers desktop. It is also recommended that all documents be stored in the computers documents folder and pictures in the pictures folder instead of the desktop. Follow these steps to clean up your desktop.
- Select all unused program shortcuts then and press the delete key.
- Move all data to proper folders (documents, pictures, viedos, ect…) You can determine the type of file by its extention.
- Open the start menu on your computer and search for “disk cleanup”
- Select all the check boxes and “Clean up System Files “
- Empty the computers Recycling Bin