Memorandum of Understanding
This MOU is between ITS and ________________. It will detail the responsibilities between ITS and the certificate requestor. This MOU applies to non UI affiliated entities requesting TLS certificates in *.uiowa.edu address space and for UI customers requesting vanity domain certificates.
- 24 business hour turn around for requests.
- Vanity domain certs
- Create Apache/IIS Vhost upon request
- Assist with yearly domain validation and association with cert
- Cert creation and installation if applicable
- Time and material cost recovery with minimum of 1 hour charge. $75/hour rate.
Certificate requester responsibilities
- Monitor expiration of applicable non UIowa domains and certificates for non-SST managed web servers. Notify ITS 90 days prior to certificate expiration to renew. Expired cert/expedited cert renewal minimum 2 hour charge.
- Provide DN (distinguished name), Business name, Department name/org, City, State, Country, and email address when requesting certificate. Include certificate type in request emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DNS registration and management of vanity domain with 3rd party registrar