New to Microsoft Teams and not sure where to start? This support article will provide you with some tips and resources to get you going in no time.
Before you begin:
- If you plan to use Microsoft Teams, we recommend you download the Teams client. This will give you full functionality, and allows you to constantly monitor Teams activity and receive notifications.
- When creating a new team, you will first want to consider the goal, project or work item you are focusing on, and determine who can help you complete it in a collaborative environment.
- After adding new members to your team, we encourage you to designate more than one owner for each team you create as group membership often changes in time.
Ready to create your first team?
Follow this Microsoft quick start to get you up and running quickly with Teams.
Additional resources for getting started:
- Get to know Microsoft Teams (interactive guide)
- Best practices for organizing teams (article & video)
- Create your first team and channel (article)
- What are apps in Teams and why would I use them? (article)
- Microsoft Teams FAQs (article)
- See the Training section of this ITS page for additional resources.