Specialized Application Services (EI-SAS) has system administrators who are able to advise and help troubleshoot on a wide variety of systems where problems or outages may occur. We offer this as a standard service for SAS managed applications and we also offer on an hourly basis for comanaged customers (from TPS) that are requesting application/sysadmin support services from SAS.
In order to request support, this is the basic process to follow:
During business hours support (billable)
- Contact its-ei-sas via email or SAS IT Director or staff member directly. Within the contact method, provide the following information:
- Description of the problem
- Server or service that is impacted and scope of the issue or outage
- When did the problem begin and when did it last work correctly
- Contact information to communicate with team requesting support – phone and email preferred
- MFK for covering the hourly charges for support ($125/hour for non-SAS customers)
- EI-SAS on-call admin will review the initial request and contact the customer if appropriate or discuss with IT Director to determine who is available to help with troubleshooting
- Availability to provide support is dependent on current staff availability and the understanding that existing SAS customers have priority service
- It is our goal to be able to respond within 60 minutes to requests, but there may be times when it takes longer due to other issues getting resolved.
- EI-SAS staff will prefer to assist via screen sharing as they will not have system access by default and a Teams or Zoom meeting is preferred for the troubleshooting session if system access is required.
- If elevated access is required for EI-SAS admin to diagnose and fix the issue, it will be up to the customer to grant and remove the access when completed.
- Access to existing documentation or change log information is often helpful when diagnosing issues.
- Upon successfully correcting the problem, the EI-SAS administrator will write a brief summary of the work performed and the number of hours required to fix the issue(s) and send it to the EI-SAS Director in order to enter into the billing system for payment of the rate of $125/hour
After Hours Support (billable)
Please follow the after hours support process documented here: https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/121596. MFK will also be needed for hourly charges incurred.
Note: Since EI-SAS staff will not likely have system access, a representative from the customer will need to be available for screen sharing or to grant temporary system access to the staff that assists.