Note: The Libraries will end its subscription to RefWorks on December 31, 2014. Any free accounts you have created will not be available after that date, but you can transfer your references to another service quickly and easily.
RefWorks is a web-based citation management and bibliography tool. It helps you store, organize, and share citations and then easily format them for papers and bibliographies.
RefWorks is available off-campus through the library proxy.
- You will need to login to the library proxy with your HawkID and password (the same one used for MyUI or HRIS)
- Once connected to the library proxy, you will need to login to RefWorks with your RefWorks ID and password.
If you do not have a RefWorks ID and password, you can set one up
- go to the RefWorks login page
- Click on the "Sign up for an Individual Account" link.
- File out the online form and submit
- If successful, it will immediately log you in to RefWorks
For more information on RefWorks or to setup a RefWorks account, go to University of Iowa Libraries RefWorks information page.