Microsoft Office is a collection of software programs commonly used in an office environment. It is available on both Windows and Mac and includes programs, servers, services, and solutions for various business purposes.
All University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff have access to Microsoft Office for free through Office 365.
Microsoft Office typically includes the following programs:
- Access: Database management program
- Excel: Spreadsheet program
- OneNote: Note taking program
- Outlook: Personal information managers and communications program (e-mail, contacts, schedules, documents)
- PowerPoint: Presentation graphics program
- Project: Project management programs and solutions
- Publisher: Business publishing and marketing materials program
- Skype for Business (Lync): Collaboration and communication tool
- Visio: Business and technical diagramming program
- Word: Word processing program