Need to save or share your documents? OneDrive for Business is a secure and reliable cloud storage solution; your "Home Drive" in the cloud.
Sync files across all your devices and access them anytime or anywhere both online and offline.
Advantages of using OneDrive for Business:
- 1 TB of storage (250GB per file size limitation)
- Microsoft Office Online
- Real-time collaboration with students and colleagues
- Access from anywhere
Login to Your OneDrive for Business Account
- Faculty, Staff, and Students: Login to OneDrive for Business through Office 365 with your HawkID@uiowa.edu.
- Health Care employees may use OneDrive for Business but you must use your HawkID to access the system. If your workstation is in the Health Care domain, you will not be able to use the desktop syncing software. You must use a Web browser to access your account. For further information regarding this restriction, contact the HCIS Help Desk at 356-0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All eligible faculty and staff are licensed to use OneDrive for Business.
Frequently Asked Questions
General Support Information
Past 90 Days
On July 13th, the following OneDrive features will be added to all Instructional Technology Centers (ITCs) on campus:
- Automatic Sign-in: Users will automatically be signed in to OneDrive when they sign in to an ITC workstation.
- Files On-Demand: This allows users to see and access files in the cloud and download them on-demand only when they need them, saving space on the computer.
- Known Folder Moves: All files located in Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders will automatically be stored in OneDrive.
Depending on the type of machine used (Windows vs. Mac), user experience will be different. Learn more about these updates in the new OneDrive Features support article.
Access to SharePoint sites and OneDrive has been restored.
Some users are not able to connect to SharePoint sites or OneDrive. Microsoft is working on the problem.
Service has been restored - please contact the ITS Help Desk if you have any further issues using these services.
We are currently experiencing problems with Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.
Microsoft has verified that these issues have been resolved. Please contact the ITS Help Desk if you have any further issues with this service.
These services are now back to operational and ITS support staff will continue to monitor them.
SharePoint online sites are currently offline and OneDrive online storage is experiencing problems. Microsoft is investigating these issues.
All SharePoint online sites are currently offline. ITS is working with Microsoft on the issue.
This issue has been resolved.
Users may experience intermittent delays when accessing SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business sites. Microsoft is aware of the issues.
This issue has been resolved.
Users may experience intermittent delays or navigation errors when accessing SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business sites
Microsoft is currently deploying a fix for the issue.
UPDATE: This issue is resolved.
Original Notice: Users may be unable to check-out, delete, restore prior versions, or rename newly created documents on OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online sites when using Chrome v67.x.
Microsoft has determined this is an issue specific to Chrome (Windows and Mac) and recommends using another browser until the issue is fixed in Chrome (the issue is not seen in Chrome Beta v68.x).
Microsoft will be performing maintenance on SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business to increase datacenter capacity.
During this time, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business content will be Read-Only.