NOTICE: Several variations of fraudulent e-mail messages claiming to be from UIOWA Support, UIOWA.EDU, Webmaster@uiowa, etc. have been reported over the last several months. These e-mails claim you must reply with personal information, such as your password, or risk having your accounts deactivated.
Click here for more information about fraudulent emails claiming to be from University administration or ITS officials.
Protect Your Computer and Personal Information!
ITS offers a number of different services to help you protect your computer. We recommend using the following steps below to help protect your computer from viruses and from being compromised.
- Use an Internet Firewall
- Make sure your computer is updated
- Have updated antivirus software installed
- Be aware of and protect yourself from phishing scams
- Protect yourself from spyware
- Backup your personal data regularly
Helpful Security Tips
- Help avoid computer viruses that spread through e-mail (from Microsoft.com)
- 10 Ways to Work More Securely (from Microsoft.com)
Other ITS Security Resources
Services scheduled for maintenance over the next 7 days. Please refer to the calendar view of alerts for a complete schedule.