Follow the instructions below for installing Skype for Business on your personal computer. Skype for Business should already be installed on your work computer. If it isn't or if you are having trouble finding it, please contact your IT representative.
Individuals may want to use Skype for Business on their personal-owned Windows computers so they can work remotely. Skype for Business is a component of Office 365 and is installed automatically when the University-licensed version of Office 365 is downloaded and installed. Instructions for installing Microsoft Office 365 on your personal-owned computer are at this link: https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/103142
Individuals may want to use Skype for Business on their personal Mac computers so they can work from remotely. Individuals must first download and install the University-licensed version of Office 365.
Instructions for installing Microsoft Office 365 are at this link: https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/103142
Once Office 365 is installed, Skype for Business for the Mac is available as a separate download.
To download and install Skype for Business, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure to uninstall/remove any previous versions of Skype for Business on your device. Failure to do so may result in software conflicts on your device
- Visit the Microsoft Skype for Business download portal here to begin
- Choose your preferred language and select the orange Download button
- Skype for Business will begin to download and install on your computer
- Once successfully installed, follow these instructions for logging in to Skype for Business
Note: If you do not connect within 30 days, Skype for Business goes into reduced functionality mode until you connect to the internet again and your status is verified (at which time all features become available again)