If you find that you repeatedly send the same message, you may want to create a new template in Outlook. You can create a template containing any information which will remain constant, save the template, and then use the template to send a new message. If you used Eudora previously, these were known as Stationary files.
Creating a Template
- Click the New button to create a new message.
- Type the information for the template (e.g., all the standard information).
- Click the Office Button and choose Save as. Specify the template File name and Save as file type Outlook template (.oft). Be sure to save it in the default location for Microsoft Templates.
- Close the message and do not save it when prompted.
Using a Template You've Created
- Choose New | Choose Form.
- In the Look In: box, select User Templates in File System
- Select the form you wish to use and click Open
- You can now type the needed information and click Send.