The University of Iowa offers email accounts for students, faculty and staff.
- As of May 21, 2018, all non-Healthcare students, faculty and staff will automatically receive Office 365 email accounts upon joining the University of Iowa.
- As of August 19, 2019, all new accounts are created with POP, IMAP, SMTP and PowerShell disabled. This change is to support increased email security efforts and reduce email phishing.
Email aliases (e.g., email@example.com) and Office 365 accounts are created automatically when an employee's HR paperwork is processed or when a student is admitted to the University of Iowa. To see details of account creation please see the sections below.
When sharing your email address with others, we strongly encourage you to use the email alias (firstname.lastname@example.org) (NOT your routing email address). For more information see Alias and Routing Email Address.
Questions? For more information about opening an email account, contact the ITS Help Desk, 2800 UCC, 384-4357, email@example.com.
Faculty and staff in the following HR organizations will automatically receive an Office 365 email account. Use your Hawkid and Hawkid password to login to https://office365.uiowa.edu
- Applies to people with HR status Future Employee or Current Employee
- Does NOT apply to people with HR status HR Affiliate. Applications to enable Office 365 can be made using the Request to Add an Office 365 Account.
- Healthcare affiliated faculty and staff will not automatically get an Office 365 account because your email account will be with Healthcare.
|HR Org Number||HR Org Name|
|1||Office of the President|
|2||Office of the Provost|
|5||VP Finance and Operations|
|6||VP General Counsel|
|9||VP Strategic Communications|
|11||College of Liberal Arts and Sciences|
|12||Tippie College of Business|
|13||College of Dentistry|
|14||College of Education|
|15||College of Engineering|
|16||College of Law|
|18||College of Nursing|
|19||College of Pharmacy|
|20||College of Public Health|
|43||Information Technology Services|
|46||University Related Orgs|
|49||Division of Student Life|
|90||University Hygienic Lab|
Newly admitted students will automatically have an Office 365 account created. Use your Hawkid and Hawkid password to login to https://office365.uiowa.edu
- Healthcare affiliated students will not automatically get an email account because your email account will be with Healthcare.
Healthcare affiliated students, faculty and staff in the following HR organizations will not automatically receive an Office 365 email account. If you are a Healthcare affiliated student or a student employee, you should go to MyUI to request a university email account. (MyUI > Student Information > My Email)
|HR Org Number||HR Org Name|
|3||VP Medical Affairs|
|17||Carver College of Medicine|
|21||Institute for Clinical and Translational Science|
|65||Iowa River Landing|
|85||Center for Disabilities and Development|
|87||Child Health and Specialty Clinics|
|92||Student Health and Wellness|