Note: To access these drives from off-campus, you must be connected to the VPN client using the directions on this page: http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/1876
To manually configure your RDSS drive in Windows 7
- Click on the Windows icon on the task bar.
- Right click on Computer and select Map Network Drive:.
- In the Drive drop-down menu select an open letter (e.g. R).
- In the Folder field type \\iowa.uiowa.edu\shared\researchdata\rdss_hawkID (replace "HawkID" with your HawkID).
- If you want to reconnect at login, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
- Select Finish.
- To complete the process, you may need to log in with your Hawk ID and password in the dialog box.. Make sure to put iowa\HawkID (replace"HawkID with your own HawkID) in the user name field.
To manually configure your RDSS drive in Mac OS
- Click the Finder program in the menu bar
- Select the Go drop-down menu and select Connect to Server
- Type in the following (How to tell what version of Mac OS X you are running):
- Mac 10.7.5 and above: smb://iowa.uiowa.edu/shared/researchdata/rdss_hawkid
- Mac OS 10.7.4 and below: smb://rdss#.iowa.uiowa.edu/rdss_hawkid (you will need to contact ITS for the rdss#)
- replace "HawkID" with your HawkID
- Select the + button at the right side of the address bar to add it as a favorite server
- Click Connect
- To complete the process, you may need to log in with your Hawk ID and password in the following dialog box. Make sure to connect as a "Registered user" and verify to put HawkID@uiowa.edu (or iowa\HawkID if that doesn't work) in the user name field. You may select Remember this password in my keychain.