This support article pertains to the SiteNow v1 platform. Click here for SiteNow v2 documentation.
Why use reusable custom content panes?
Reusable custom content panes allow you to display a chunk of content one multiple pages of your site. Reusable custom content panes are often used to display lists of links or contact information.
Creating a reusable custom content pane
- In the Administrative toolbar at the top of the page, click on 'Structure'.
- Click on 'Custom content panes'.
- If there are existing reusable custom content panes in your site, they will be listed here. To add another, click the '+ Add' button in the upper left.
- You will be presented with several different boxes to enter text into.
- The 'Administrative title' enables you to easily recognize this content pane and select it from a list of created content panes later.
- Similarly, the 'Administrative description' provides you a description of the content pane that helps you to identify it for later use.
- Adding a category is optional. All custom content panes in the same category will be grouped together for easy selection during placement onto a page.
- The 'Title' will appear as a heading on your pane.
- The 'Body' is the content of your pane.
- Click 'Save' and you will return to the list of all reusable custom content panes.
- Go to step 3 to create another if desired.
Editing existing reusable custom content panes
- In the Administration menu at the top of the page, click the 'Structure' button.
- Click the 'Custom content panes link.
- In the 'Operations' column click the 'Edit' link to the right of the specific content pane you wish to edit.
NOTE: Editing an existing content pane that has already been placed on pages in your site will update all the instances of that pane.