This support article pertains to the SiteNow v1 platform. Click here for SiteNow v2 documentation.
What is the University of Iowa branding bar?
The University of Iowa branding bar is the bar at the top of the screen (functioning essentially as a separate header) that shows the University of Iowa logo and a search box. This is required as part of the University of Iowa branding manual.
How to configure the University of Iowa branding bar
- Click on 'Configuration' in the admin toolbar.
- Under 'User Interface' on the bottom right, select 'University of Iowa Branding Bar.'
- Make your changes.
- Under 'Wordmark', choose between the University and UI Healthcare wordmarks.
- Optionally add up to two links in the bar.
- Click to expand each of the 'Link' sections.
- For each link, enter the text to display in the 'Title' field and a full URL in the 'URL' field.
- Under 'Search Engine ID,' you may choose to enter a new CSE Engine ID. Most users choose not to alter the assigned search engine ID.
- Finally, there is a box to 'Limit Custom Search to this Site.' You will likely want to leave that box checked, as it is by default, unless you are using a CSE ID that includes multiple sites in it.
- Lastly, click 'Save configuration' at the bottom of the screen to make your changes.