What is the University of Iowa branding bar?
The University of Iowa branding bar is the bar at the top of the screen (functioning essentially as a separate header) that shows the University of Iowa logo and a search box. This is required as part of the University of Iowa branding manual.
How to configure the University of Iowa branding bar
- Click on 'Configuration' in the admin toolbar.
- Under 'User Interface' on the bottom right, select 'University of Iowa Branding Bar.'
- Make your changes.
- Under 'Wordmark', choose between the University and UI Healthcare wordmarks.
- Optionally add up to two links in the bar.
- Click to expand each of the 'Link' sections.
- For each link, enter the text to display in the 'Title' field and a full URL in the 'URL' field.
- Under 'Search Engine ID,' you may choose to enter a new CSE Engine ID. Most users choose not to alter the assigned search engine ID.
- Finally, there is a box to 'Limit Custom Search to this Site.' You will likely want to leave that box checked, as it is by default, unless you are using a CSE ID that includes multiple sites in it.
- Lastly, click 'Save configuration' at the bottom of the screen to make your changes.