User roles and permissions
Only users with the webmaster role may create and manage user accounts. The two users specified as the site owners when the website was created have the webmaster role. There is no limit on the number of user accounts which may have the webmaster role.
All user accounts must be associated with a HawkID. If a user account is needed for a person who does not have a HawkID, please contact the ITS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a guest account.
For information about what user roles are and the roles available, see the article User Roles and Permissions.
How to create a user account
- Click on 'People' in the administration toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click on 'Add user' in the upper left corner.
- Fill out the form and then click the 'Create new account' button at the bottom of the page.
- HawkID: The HawkID username of the user.
- Email address: The email address associated with the HawkID. This is typically an "@uiowa.edu" email address.
- Status: Select whether the account is active or blocked. The user will not be able to login to the website if the status of their account is set to blocked.
- Roles: Select which role(s) to grant the user. See the article User Roles and Permissions for a description of the roles.