There are two ways to login to a VoIP desktop phone. First plug in and power up your device. It will connect to the network, which may take up to 5 minutes. Be sure that you've connected your device to a Locally Scoped Address (LSA) -enabled port. A Pass-through switch from the computer will not be compatible with the VoIP Phones. They must be plugged into a unique LSA port. Click here for more information on Setting up and Using the Polycom VVX Desktop Phones.
The phone must be plugged into an LSA-enabled Ethernet port and to a power source.
- Once your phone is plugged into an LSA port, you may have to restart the device in order to see the PIN AUTH option.
- Choose the second option for PIN AUTH
- In the Extension field, enter your 5-digit extension (last 5 digits of your phone number) without any spaces or hyphens (#####)
- The format of 1-319-XXX-XXXX will also work for the phone number (do not use hyphens).
- For PIN, enter the pin that was assigned to you. This is not the same PIN as the Unified Messaging PIN that was emailed to you. Please see the article on Identifying or Resetting your Skype for Business Desktop phone PIN.
The phone must be plugged into an LSA-enabled Ethernet port and to a power source. Enter the following in to the phone when prompted:
- Sign-In Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domain: IOWA
- User: jdoe (HawkID)
- Password: HawkID Password