PIN Confusion with Skype for Business Enterprise Voice & Unified Messaging
Skype for Business Enterprise Voice:
This service allows real-time communication between users inside and outside of the University through voice calls over the internet.
This service combines non real-time communication, such as voicemail and email messages, into a single mailbox accessible to a user across platforms.
User PIN Purposes:
- Dial-In Meetings
- VoIP Phone Sign-in
- Unified Messaging Mailbox entry
A Conferencing PIN is used to join, by phone dial-in, Skype meetings you've organized. It is also the same PIN used to sign into your desktop VoIP phone.
Do I need a Conferencing PIN?
- If you sign into your VoIP phone using your email, then you do not need a PIN for desktop phone sign-in.
- If you join a Skype meeting as the organizer by using a method other than dialing-in, you do not need a PIN.
How is a Conferencing PIN reset?
- Users can change their Conferencing PIN by either:
- Navigating to dialin.uiowa.edu/dialin directly
- Selecting 'Pin' from the Skype for Business dial pad
- Clicking the 'Forgot PIN' link in a Skype meeting invitation
- From the webpage, click 'Sign In'
- Enter your Username (iowa\domain) and Password
- Follow the prompts to reset your PIN
Important note: If you phone extension is not configured, you are most likely not Enterprise Voice enabled and need to contact the ITS Help Desk to get your Conferencing PIN changed.
A Unified Messaging PIN is used to access your mailbox messages and calendar items from a phone
Please select the heading above to read information regarding mailbox access for Unified Messaging.
Where is My PIN Information Located?
Initially, a Welcome email for users newly moved to Enterprise Voice and Unified Messaging will contain user UM PIN information.
How is a Unified Messaging PIN Reset?
Through the Outlook Web Application navigate to:
- Settings > Your App Settings > Mail
- Options > General
- Voice mail > Reset PIN