Skype for Business Enterprise Voice:
This service allows real-time communication between users inside and outside of the University through voice calls over the internet.
User PIN Purposes:
- Dial-In Meetings
- VoIP Phone Sign-in
A Conferencing PIN is used to join, by phone dial-in, Skype meetings you've organized. It is also the same PIN used to sign into your desktop VoIP phone.
Do I need a Conferencing PIN?
- If you sign into your VoIP phone using your email, then you do not need a PIN for desktop phone sign-in.
- If you join a Skype meeting as the organizer by using a method other than dialing-in, you do not need a PIN.
How is a Conferencing PIN reset?
- Users can change their Conferencing PIN by either:
- Navigating to dialin.uiowa.edu/dialin directly
- Selecting 'Pin' from the Skype for Business dial pad
- Clicking the 'Forgot PIN' link in a Skype meeting invitation
- From the webpage, click 'Sign In'
- Enter your Username (iowa\domain) and Password
- Follow the prompts to reset your PIN
Important note: If you phone extension is not configured, you are most likely not Enterprise Voice enabled and need to contact the ITS Help Desk to get your Conferencing PIN changed.