OneDrive for Business has a new feature called "Request Files". This feature works like a "drop site" for files you need to get from others. To use it:
- Login to office365.uiowa.edu with your HawkID and HawkID password.
- Create a new folder.
- Right click on the folder (or click the check box to the left of the folder).
- Select "Request Files". A box will appear that asks you what files you are requesting. Put a description in the box (e.g. Please send the files for Project123).
- A sharing box comes up next. You can copy the link and send it yourself through Outlook or you can use the Office 365 sharing link as normal.
- When someone uploads or "drops" files into this folder, it appends their name at the front of the file. This allows you to use the same folder for multiple people.
- No one can see what anyone else has put in the folder.
- Anyone can drop files to this folder. If someone forwards the link along to someone else, that person can drop files into the folder.
Please note: This feature does not work on mobile devices. You must use OneDrive through a browser to request/receive files.
For further information, see Microsoft's support article on this feature.