HawkID passwords must:
- Not be the same as your previous 10 HawkID passwords
- Not be similar to your current HawkID password
- Not be similar to your HawkID login name
- Not be similar to your actual name
- Contain at least 15 characters
- Contain at least 2 alphabetical characters
- Contain at least 2 non-alphabetical characters (e.g., numbers of special characters)
You must change your HawkID password at least once per year.
Individual colleges or departments may require more restrictive password rules. Elevated privilege accounts—such as users with administrative rights on their workstations—may require longer passwords and more frequent password changes.