This support article pertains to the SiteNow v1 platform. Click here for SiteNow v2 documentation.
A webform is a form or questionnaire that is accessible to users. Submission results and statistics are recorded and accessible to privileged users.
Webforms are commonly used for "Contact Us" forms.
How to create a webform
- Click Add content in the grey toolbar and then click Webform.
- Enter the title of the webform in the Title field and optionally provide additional information about the form or submission process in the Body field. By default, content entered in the Body field will display above the fields of the webform.
- Click the Save and add form components button at the bottom of the page to continue to the Form builder, where you can add fields to the webform.
- To add a field to the webform, drag a field from the "Add a field" section to the "Form preview" section.
- Checkboxes - Format a set of options as checkboxes. Similar to radios, except that users may select more than one option.
- Date - A date selection box.
- E-mail - Validates the user input for the format of an email address.
- Fieldset - Group fields together.
- File - Allow users to upload a file.
- Grid - Format a set of questions and options in a grid.
- Hidden - Store data in a hidden form field. Data in a hidden field will not be visible to users while they fill out the form.
- Markup - Generate generic markup for display on the form, such as a description about a section of the form.
- Number - Validates the user in put for a number.
- Text area - A multiple-line text field. This is often used to collect longer user responses such as questions and comments.
- Text field - A single-line text field. This is often used to collect first & last names.
- Time - A time selection widget.
- Page break - Separate the fields and form components into multiple pages.
- Radios - Format a set of options as radio buttons. Similar to checkboxes, expect that users may not select more than one option.
- Select list - A drop-down list of options.
- To configure a field on the webform, click the pencil icon that displays in the upper-right corner of the field when hovering over the field in the Form preview section. The configuration options differ between the types of fields, but most include tabs for Properties (e.g., field title, description, and default value), Display (e.g., should the field label be above or inline with the field), and Validation (e.g., are users required to fill out this field?).
- To remove a field from the webform, click the X icon that displays in the upper-right corner of the field when hovering over the field in the Form preview section.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
How to edit a webform
- Login to your website and navigate to the webform that you want to edit.
- To change the Title or Body of the webform, click the Edit tab. Make your changes and then click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- To add, edit or remove fields/form components, click the Webform tab. Follow steps 4 through 7 of How to create a webform, above.
Additional webform configuration
For information about additional webform configuration options, including
- how to conditionally show or require fields,
- how to view, download and delete webform submissions,
- how to send an email when a form is submitted,
- how to provide a custom confirmation message upon successful form submission, and
- how to close a webform (to prevent additional submissions),
please refer to the article Advanced webform configuration.