You can join a Skype for Business (Lync) Meeting from just about anywhere. Depending on your location and devices available, you may need to join a Skype for Business Meeting in a different way. Check below for possible methods of joining a Skype for Business Meeting.
- Click Join Skype Meeting in the meeting invitation.
- Click the "Sign in here instead" link to sign in as a guest
- Type your name in the "Guest, type your name below" field.
- Select the option to Install Skype Web App plug-in.
- Click Join the meeting.
- A dialog box will display. Choose Run.
- If you get prompted to allow the plug in to run, select the checkbox to always allow and click Allow.
Joining a Skype for Business meeting with audio only is to be used by attendees that do not have a computer or for those that prefer to use a phone for audio. If the Meeting request includes a dial-in phone number and conference ID, then the attendee will be able to call into the meeting.
- Dial the conference number listed in the meeting request using your phone.
- Enter the Conference ID followed by the # sign using the phone's dial pad.
- Follow the instructions when prompted.
- A PIN number may be required if you're the meeting organizer and calling from a phone that isn't connected to your account or the meeting is secured. If a PIN is required, enter it now.
Note: Press *1 on your phone to get a list of options you can use when in the meeting.