As a new student, your University of Iowa email account was automatically created after you accepted admission to the university. Learn more about your new email account.
How to Access Your Email
- To access your email online, log in to https://office365.uiowa.edu with your HawkID and password.
Note: If you have Two-Step Login with Duo Security, you will be prompted to complete login using Duo beginning in May 2019.
If you have forgotten your HawkID password or need to change it, visit the HawkID Tools page.
Your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, BUT your username for logging in to your email account is your HawkID
- Click the “Outlook” icon to view your email
- Find instructions on how to access your email through a desktop email application or client (e.g., Outlook)
- Find instructions on how to set up and access your email on your mobile device
- Find instructions on how to use Office 365 OWA (Outlook Web App) in your browser, including how to log in, use the calendar, and more.
About Your University Email
The service we use for our email is called Office 365 (some people on campus still call it “Hawkmail,” which was our old email service retired years ago).
With your Office 365 account, you can do a lot more than access your email. With your Office 365 account, you can:
- Save and share documents with OneDrive for Business
- Take notes in class using OneNote
- Access Microsoft Office products
Email Safety and Best Practices
Remember to always keep your password safe. Phishing is a common email scam that tries to trick you into providing passwords or personal information. Learn how to recognize and avoid phishing scams.