On September 13, 2022, the Home Drive service will be changing from automatically provisioning to an exceptions based provisioning model.
What does this mean for end-users?
- Currently, every HawkID is given a Home Drive when the ID is created. After September 13, 2022, this will no longer happen.
- If you need a Home Drive for a specific purpose (e.g. Virtual Desktop), call to the ITS Help Desk and request an exception. A Home Drive will be provisioned for you.
Does this affect Healthcare users?
- This does not affect HealthCare users. This is only the Iowa Domain Home Drive service.
What if I move from the Healthcare domain to the Iowa Domain?
- If you previously had an Iowa Home Drive and it has not been archived, data can still be moved between Home Drives.
- If you have not ever been in the Iowa Domain before and do not have a Home Drive, you can copy your data to OneDrive for Business.
- If you only have a .PST file, we suggest that you move your mail to Office365.
- If none of these solutions work, call the ITS Help Desk and request an exception.
Why is this change being made?
- ITS offers OneDrive for Business as an individual file service option.
- All University faculty, staff and students automatically get OneDrive for Business.
- OneDrive allows you to access your data from anywhere and is much more modern solution.
- Sign-up for OneDrive training.