You've changed your HawkID password. Here's what to do next.
Step 1: Restart your computer
Restarting your computer immediately after you have changed your password will update your password for most of your applications, update your login preferences, and give you a fresh start.
Step 2: Change your stored passwords
After you change your HawkID password, it is changed for all of your HawkID services. However, there are some applications that may have stored your old password, making it necessary for you to re-enter it.
Instructions for changing your password on these common services:
- UI Wireless eduroam
- Internet browser (Internet Explore, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
Note: ITS recommends NOT saving passwords within your Internet browser.
Here is a list of possible issues some users have reported after changing their password:
- If your account has been locked out because you have tried your password too many times, you will need to contact the Help Desk.
- Mac users may need to delete stored passwords from keychains
- HawkID vs. HealthcareID: Know when to use which password and where
- Can't log into work computer from off campus: Active Directory