You've changed your HawkID password. Here's what to do next.
Step 1: Restart your computer
Restart your computer after you changed your password will update your password for most applications, update your login preferences, and give you a fresh start.
Step 2: Change your stored passwords
After you change your HawkID password, it is changed for all HawkID services. Some applications may have stored your old password, and you may need to re-enter it.
Instructions for changing your password on these common services:
- UI Wireless eduroam
- Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
Note: ITS recommends NOT saving passwords in your Internet browser
Once your password has changed, your Office 365 clients (e.g., Outlook, iOS, Android) will prompt you for your new password, though it may not be immediate.
- If your account is locked because you tried your password too many times, either wait 15 minutes for the account to unlock or contact the Help Desk.
- Mac users may need to delete stored passwords from the keychain
- When to use your HawkID vs. HealthcareID password
- Can't login to work computer from off campus