Faculty, staff, and students are invited to stop by an open house at the new Learning Commons in the Main Library from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
The event is a chance to tour the new space, visit with library and ITS staff, learn about how students will use the Learning Commons, meet the new university librarian, John Culshaw, and enjoy light refreshments.
Other features of the event include:
- Specials at the Food for Thought cafe
- Whiteboards geared toward getting feedback on the new facility
- A "Did You Know" quiz with information about Information Technology Services, the University Libraries, and the Learning Commons
- Demos by the Learning Spaces Team on reserving group study spaces and connecting laptops using cables provided at the service desk
- Help Desk staff sharing information and promoting technology resources
- An "Ask Me" booth at each entrance to welcome guests
- Representatives from various library departments