If you access your voicemail by dialing 5-1000, please note the campus telephone voicemail system will be upgraded between May 19 – June 2, 2016. The new system will work just the same, but saved voicemail messages won’t transfer over so it’s important to get the information you need from your saved messages before the upgrade.
The voicemail upgrade requires three maintenance windows when the system will be offline. While the system is unavailable it will not be possible for callers to leave voicemail messages or for voicemail box owners to listen to messages. Voicemail trees will also be unavailable. These windows have been scheduled outside standard business hours:
- Thursday, May 19, 8PM-1AM
- Saturday, May 21, 9AM-7PM
- Thursday, June 2, 8PM-Midnight
Information about the transition:
- 5-1000 (319-335-1000 from off campus) will continue as the voicemail access number.
- The new voicemail system will function exactly as the previous version. Dial pad menus, greetings and PIN access codes will remain the same.
- Old voicemail messages cannot be transferred to the new system. ITS recommends reviewing old voicemail messages before Thursday, May 19.
- If you need access to a voicemail message stored on the older system, these will be accessible for 30 days. The old system will be erased and decommissioned on July 3, 2016.
- Voicemail trees (also known as auto-attendants) are included with this upgrade. ITS staff are contacting units with these configurations to find alternative solutions.
- Please do not change voicemail PIN codes between May 19 - June 2, 2016. When the final system upgrade is completed it is possible PIN numbers changed during this period will be reset.
The upgrade is necessary to continue reliable voicemail service to campus. We appreciate your attention to this change. If you have questions, please contact ITS at 384-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.