How do I protect my computer?
- Install all recommended updates to your operating system (OS) and applications regularly.
- Install an antivirus program to protect your computer from potential viruses.
- Install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and login to it before working on unsecure, public Wi-Fi (e.g., coffee shops) networks.
- Restart your computer at least weekly.
- Only install software from reputable companies and when you agree to the licensing.
How do I protect my documents?
- If you must share your computer, configure separate accounts to ensure data is not shared.
- Do not share your login credentials with anyone.
- Consider a screen lock routine when you walk away from your computer.
How do I protect the university?
- Do not use personal wireless routers as they cause interference and will be disabled.
- Understand the types of data you have access to so you can manage it properly.
- Use resources appropriately.
I’m hacked. Now what?
If your password suddenly does not work or you notice suspicious applications installed on your computer, report the security incident to the ITS Help Desk via phone, email, live chat, or walk-in.