Information Technology Services, Purchasing and the Office of the General Counsel, collectively negotiate the best purchase price and best license situation for campus departments and individuals. The review works to further reduce the potential for undesired consequences and risks associated with the incorrect use of the purchased software or services by UI staff and or affiliates.
We may be able to bypass the review process if at least one of these are true:
- Trial use/versions of tools, submit after trial if you are moving forward
- Under $10,000.00 cost
- Free, Open Source or included with hardware at no additional costs
And if none of these risk factors are present:
- Cloud based
- Confidential Information
- Vendor will be on campus
- Signature is required
- Over 500 users or open to the public
- Required tool (class or departmental work)
- The tool has features that allows payments/credit card processing
Please work with your technology staff to submit this form. Allow a minimum of several weeks to several months. In order for us to review as quick as possible, please provide the following when you submit the form:
- Agreement (please include original agreement if your request is a renewal or the addition of new features to existing software)
- Vendor contact name and email
- VPAT accessibility report (if over 500 users, tool required for class/department work or open to the public)
- SOC 2 Type II Report or similar security control documentation (cloud based tool or tool with cloud features)
Request a Review - Technology Review Form
Contact the vendor to get the quote, agreement and VPAT (if necessary) and attach this to the workflow when you submit it. Also provide the vendor contact information in the workflow.
To check your status or revise your request: https://workflow.uiowa.edu/inbox > Indicate "My Inbox", Click on the item to see the update, look at the notes in the package and the Workflow. For more detailed instructions see my FAQs for instructions, https://its.uiowa.edu/campus-software-program/technology-reviews-information. Sections regarding the status, how to edit, comment and attach docs in the workflow should be helpful.